“Service” refers to the purchase race tickets and gift vouchers in person or online, contacting us regarding our sponsorship and advertising opportunities, attending our racing events, hiring our venue for an event, and/or availing of our corporate hospitability package.
“You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
Who we are?
The Gowran Park Race Company Limited are a not for profit group who operate the race & golf course at Gowran Park
What information do we collect?
1. When you purchase our Services in our office, over the phone or send an enquiry through our website, we may collect the following personal data:
• name, address, phone number, email address and Date of Birth;
• work history, cover letter, curriculum vitae;
• publication website, email address, editor, producer, agency rep;
• credit or debit card details; and
• dietary requests.
2. When you contact us (including by email, post, phone or through our social media platforms) or we contact you to take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
• Personal data, such as your name, email address and phone number (you provide when you connect with us),
• Details of emails and other digital communications we may send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on.
• Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys.
3. Other sources of personal data:
• Photo and video coverage will be taken by accredited photographers and videographers during our event for the purpose of broadcasting and promoting the event on television and in some cases the photos and videos will be used for future marketing and promotional purposes.
• We collect minimal personal data in the publication of our Race Card, this includes Names and images of Gowran Park committee, names of doctors and veterinaries on site, Gowran Park races email and phone number and sponsors information.
• In the event of a claim, we would collect your name, date of birth, phone number, email, details of claim, and any relevant medical information as well as recognisable images (CCTV).
• If we engage your services for the purpose of our event, we will collect your name, company name, address, telephone and insurance policy details.
4. Personal data you provide about other individuals:
We use personal data about other individuals provided by you, such as those people on in your group. By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you can provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
We operate CCTV in our offices and on the Gowran Park grounds. Recording is for security, health and safety reasons only and data is recorded over after 30 days. The recording data would only be used where security has been compromised, or we receive an insurance claim and photographic evidence will be of use. This photographic evidence will only be reviewed by our employees and will only be shared under a formal request with the security services i.e. Garda.
6. How do we use personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
• administering services, to provide you with race tickets and services.
• managing our relationship with you, including updates about your purchase and handling complaints/refunds.
• delivering marketing and event communication through our social media platforms
• photos and videos are collected and used for promotional purposes.
• when you enter a competition run by us, we may use your name, voice, photographs for advertising or publicity purposes.
• running competitions prior to and during race week.
• to comply with our legal obligations, such as a court orders, subpoena, or for identification of fraud or regulatory reporting and compliance.
• providing information which may be sensitive to medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of other customers or in an emergency.
When you provide your email address to us to enquire about ticket sales, your contact details may be retained even if the transaction is not completed. These details are held in a secure software program.
7. What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
We will only process your personal data on the following legal basis:
Consent: When you give us explicit permission to process your personal data for example, when you sign up to receive our newsletter via our website. Should you not wish to receive such communication from us please simply indicate your preference to opt out by following the directions provided in the e-mail.
Contract: When you purchase tickets, gift vouchers or enquiry about ticket sales, apply as an accredited photographer or for media reporting purposes, apply for sponsorship and advertising opportunities and/or hire our venue for an event.
Legitimate interest: When we use photos or videos captured at our public racing event and share them for promotional and marketing purposes or when we run competitions over local radio stations or we may use your personal data to better understand your interests, or to improve our services offered. Such processing is in our or a third party`s legitimate interest and these interests do not override your right to privacy.
Legal Obligation: when we are required by law, such as under a court order, or for identification of fraud or regulatory reporting and compliance for example, if a security incident or accident occurred on site, we would be obliged to share CCTV footage under a formal request from the Garda.
In some circumstances we may need to process special categories of personal data, for example health data for medical reasons, we will only do so if more than one of the additional conditions apply. For example, we have your explicit consent; to protect the vital interests of you or another individual and you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent; it is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; it is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest.
8. When do we share personal data?
While Gowran Park is committed to treat all personal data confidentially, in some circumstances we may need to share it other third parties:
• The video coverage of our event in which you may appear will be shared with the Association of Irish Racecourses and they will share that coverage with local and international TV channels.
• As the winner of one of our competitions we will share your personal details with the provider of the prize.
• We share the photos and videos captured by photographers and videographers at our event on our website, social media platforms and with third party printing suppliers. We do request our photographers to seek your consent prior to it appearing in marketing material. If you, having attended our public racing event find your picture is on our website and you wish to delete the photo of you, please contact email@example.com with your request.
• We also work with carefully selected suppliers that carry out certain functions on our behalf. For example, companies that help us with IT services, storing data, and processing payments.
• We may need to share personal data with other third parties (such as legal, accountants or other advisors, regulatory authorities, courts and government agencies), to defend or protect our legal rights, or where such disclosure is permitted by law, such as for the purpose of preventing fraud.
• When we share personal data with other businesses, we require them to keep it safe, and use it only for the lawful basis on which it was shared and according to the data processing agreement. They must not sell or use your personal data for their own marketing purposes.
Where do we store and process personal data?
When you book a ticket online your personal data is stored on a secured database. Personal data received through our website is processed using a secure connection and stored in our administration system. Where necessary and in order to promote our racing event our videographer may send videos captured during the event to third parties.
In some cases, these third parties, including Sky Sports Net may be situated outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where they are, they are obliged to make sure that your personal information is adequately protected.
How long is your data retained for?
We retain photos and video footage of race days indefinitely for historical and other legitimate business purposes.
After the relevant retention period, we will securely erase personal data in accordance with our Data Retention & Destruction Policy.
9. How do we secure your personal data?
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. We take appropriate organisational and technical measures to protect your data from loss or other forms of unlawful processing.
All employees have been trained and are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices.
Information collected by our Site is stored in operating environments that are not available to the public. Access to this information is restricted to our employees who need to know that information to process your enquiry, ticket purchase and/or application. While, no method of transmitting data over the Internet is 100% secure, we take every reasonable precaution to protect all information collected, such as:
• only sharing and providing access to your information to the minimum extent necessary;
• using secure servers to store your information; and
• using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) software
to encrypt your personal and payment transactions.
We are PCI-DSS compliant and process credit card payments using a secure terminal and a third-party payment portal and where information is transacted using industry-standard PPC Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption algorithms. We do not retain debit or credit card information.
10. Your rights regarding your personal data
• The right to ask us to correct any information you believe is incorrect.
• The right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you or to request that we transfer this to another service provider.
• In certain circumstances, the right to ask us to stop using information about you.
• The right to lodge a complaint to the Data Protection Commissioner’s Office.
• The right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you in certain circumstances.
• The right to withdraw consent that you have provided to us to use your personal information.
You can exercise these rights over your data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending your access request by post to Gowran Park, Gowran, Co Kilkenny.
We will comply with your requests, unless we have a lawful reason not to do so. We will need you to provide additional details to confirm your identity in order to process your request.
11. Children’s Privacy
We do not intentionally sell tickets or offer other Services to children. Please be aware that we have not designed our website for, and do not intend for it to be used by, anyone under age 16. In all cases where minors are attending a racing event, the parent/guardian must accompany them to the event and must give their consent to any photos being used for promotional and marketing purposes.
12. Our website
We own and operate our Site where you can sign up to receive our newsletter, send us an enquiry, or apply to attend the racing event as an accredited photographer or media reporter.
13. Links to other websites
14. Changes to this Policy