Some very hot shooting in low temperatures
- Joe Colclough (14) 44pts
- Bart Begley (12) 42pts
- John Crowe (17) 41pts (CB)
Saturday the 17th and Sunday the 18th we will have a club fourball to make up for the missed fourball a couple of weekends ago. Remember you can play both days if you switch partners. Monday the 19th there is an open singles.
Below is a quick update on some course/clubhouse work being carried out during March and April. I will be sending a similar update bi-monthly.
- Buy 6 new golf buggies
- Bunker on the 17 to be finished
- New air compressor bought to clean gear
- 6th Tee box completed, refill the drainage hole
- Ongoing pruning of trees around course to a height of 2 meters
- Hollow tining all greens
- Light sanding of greens regularly throughout the season
- The driving net to be replaced and back in use
- A number of different options being tested to discourage the rabbits from damaging the greens.
- Bunker edging to continue
- Ladies and Gents locker-rooms will be painted
- All cups and flags to be replaced
I would also like to thank everyone who took the survey. We had a great response and the results are being fed back to the committee. Just a couple of things that came up a number of times.
- Slow play, can everyone be aware their place on the course is behind the group in front. There should never be a hole or more gap.
- Competition variations, we will add different formats throughout the year so keep an eye on incoming mails and texts. Fourball this weekend.
If anyone is not receiving texts from us can you give AnnMarie your phone number to be added to the distribution list.